Important, touching 4-min video illustrating the person behind what we see, randomly, on the street. Ronald Davis, describes his life being homeless, and tears up as he describes the indignities.
“I’m not a bum, I’m a human being,” he says, choking up with tears.
This powerful student video is the inspiration for the new PBS Series, Big Questions.
We ALL see homeless people on the street – and subliminally judge people as if they WANT to be homeless, don’t want to work, etc.
This video was shot in 2012 by a team of students at DePaul University, under the supervision of Media Ethics professor Kim Clark – and has recently been spread virally due to a post on Reddit, and the upcoming PBS series.
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by theheartofdelight (see all)
- A RiSING Community: 03.26.16 - March 26, 2016
- Sample News Post Title - March 16, 2016
- A RiSING Community: 02.27.16 - February 27, 2016
- A RiSING Community: 01.23.16 - January 23, 2016
- A RiSING Collective: 12.20.15 - December 20, 2015